Roche Pharmaceuticals has offered to host Rotarians and their spouses on:
Day & Date: Saturday 1st March 2008.
Time: From at 6.30pm onwards.
Venue: The Kenya Medical Association Auditorium at The Pandya Memorial Hospital.
Their interest is to deliver a talk on the following subjects:
* Hepatitis B.
They have offered to carry out for free on a voluntary basis:
* Calculation of BMI from height and weight to determine ideal weight.
* Bone density scoring sheet questionnaire to determine Osteoporosis.
* Collection of blood sample to test for Hepatitis B & C.
The suggested Programme for the day is:
1. 6.30pm to 7.00pm Arrival and fellowship.
2. 7.00pm to 8.00pm Registration, height, weight, questionnaire and blood collection.
3. 8.00pm to 8.15pm Hepatitis B "the silent killer"
Presented by Dr. Kiran Shah, Consultant Gastroenterologist.
4. 8.15pm to 8.30pm Obesity a major health risk
Presented by Christine Mutea, Consultant Nutritionist.
5. 8.30pm to 8.40pm Osteoporosis
Presented by Mr. Peter Munyasi, Medical Representative, Roche
6. 8.40pm to 9.00pm Rotary Century of Peace to mark World Understanding & Peace
Presented by PE Jacqueline Waihenya-Maina
& PDG Varinder Singh Sur.
7. 9.30pm Buffet Dinner – Courtesy of Roche Products Ltd.
The above event is open to:
All Rotarians and their spouses.
All Innerwheel members and their spouses.
IT IS AT NO COST TO ROTARY – SPONSORED BY ROCHE PHARMACEUTICALS.
Club Presidents please confirm the numbers by Wednesday 27th February 2008 by 2.00pm.
With kind regards
PDG Dr. Varinder Singh Sur
Mr. Peter Munyasi